Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This week Alex was back with Grace and our new producer Theresa Loconsolo to kick off the week. This Monday morning we recorded right before Garry Tan announced that he was heading back to Y Combinator as its president. Dang.
But we still had a good sheaf of things to talk about!
- Stocks are not having a good day around the world, after having a pretty tough last Friday. It’s hardly bullish for the IPO market.
- Things weren’t much better in crypto land, where bitcoin and ether are off from their week-ago prices, and NFT volumes remain muted.
- And speaking of quiet, startup news — Y Combinator apart! — was modest over the weekend. It appears that the August slowdown is both real and here. Frankly startups could use a shot in the arm to get venture back closer to 2021’s level of insanity. Can the Instacart IPO that we expect be the needed catalyst?
- Another potential catalyst of Good Vibes that we are tracking is whether, and when Tether’s audit finally does happen.
- Also in the news: Honda is going to spend big to build batteries in the United States; Indian mobile connectivity is set to improve in the next year; and Meta and Indian conglomerate Reliance are teaming up for e-commerce.
Equity is back Wednesday Thursday for a live show! Chat soon!
LeBron James’ historic performance creates a memorable moment for Lakers fans
Who is Eden Polani, The New Girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio ?
Latest – Turkey and Syria earthquake: race to find survivors as death toll passes 6,000 and hundreds of thousands seek shelter
New England Patriots post incredibly petty reaction to Tom Brady retirement
Groundhog Day 2023: When It Is and How the Tradition Began
How Much Caffeine Is in Your Coffee?
News5 days ago
LeBron James’ quest to become all-time scoring leader has Lakers ticket prices skyrocketing
News5 days ago
US tracks suspected surveillance device : Chinese spy balloon
Business5 days ago
Amazon, Alphabet, Apple Stocks Are Moving the Most Today
News4 days ago
Kyrie Irving requests trade from Nets
Entertainment3 days ago
Selena Gomez shows off fresh, naturel appearance with her natural curls , no-makeup face.
thetimesclock21 hours ago
When 5 Weekends in 1 Month Happens ?